Skip to content

Our Customer Service opening hours are 8.45am - 4.45pm, Monday to Friday. The Payment Centre hours are 9am - 4.15pm, with only credit/debit card payments (not cash) between 1pm and 2pm. 

Live chat: If you cannot find what you're looking for, or need help completing an online form, our Customer Service Officers are available on live chat between 8.45am- 4.45pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). Live chat 

Adults and older people

Housework and home maintenance

Information about assistance with housework and home maintenance.

I need help with housework

We know that many people do require assistance with housework and other domestic tasks to help them stay safe and secure at home. If you are finding it difficult to manage everyday housework, and don't have a relative or a friend who can help you, there are various other ways you can get help.

East Renfrewshire's Homecare Service is not able to provide this kind of help on its own because we need to prioritise help for people who are having difficulties with activities like washing, dressing and feeding themselves properly; however we will give you as much information and advice as we can.

Many homecare agencies offer cleaning or general domestic services, as well as personal care. If you have a neighbour or friend who also needs help from the agency, you might be able to save on the cost by arranging and buying your services jointly.

Information of local homecare agencies can be found at:

How much does it cost

Homecare agencies will charge for their services. The charges vary, according to how many hours you want. As a rough guide, you can expect the charge to be somewhere between £11 and £15 per hour.

Where you feel that the cost of agency services is difficult we can make arrangements for you to meet with our Money Advice and Rights team who will help make sure you are receiving all the income you are entitled to.

I need help with home maintenance

If you feel that you need some help with looking after your home East Renfrewshire's Care and Repair Service may be able to help.

Their 'small repairs service' is available to people across all tenures including council and housing association tenants.

Practical tasks they can help with include:

  • Changing light bulbs
  • Securing carpets and rugs
  • Removing and hanging curtains
  • Replacing tap washers
  • Unblocking sinks

If you think they may be able to help or you require additional information you should contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss your problem.

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)