Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).


Council tax

Second Adult Reduction

Second Adult Reduction is a different kind of Council Tax Reduction for single people who have to pay council tax and who have other adults on a low income living in the household.

It can be claimed by anyone who does not have a partner, but only if they do not qualify for the council tax single person discount because they share their home with another person, who:

  • Is aged 18 or older.
  • Is on a low income.
  • Does not pay them rent.

If you think this applies to you, please call us on 0141 577 3002.

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)