Skip to content

Our Customer Service opening hours are 8.45am - 4.45pm, Monday to Friday. The Payment Centre hours are 9am - 4.15pm, with only credit/debit card payments (not cash) between 1pm and 2pm. 

Live chat: If you cannot find what you're looking for, or need help completing an online form, our Customer Service Officers are available on live chat between 8.45am- 4.45pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). Live chat 

Housing services

Right of entry to complete repairs

As your landlord  we have the right to gain entry into your property at any reasonable time to ensure that all our council properties are to a safe and living standard for tenants to live in.  If tenants refuse the council entry to their property the council will have the right to make forcible entry. This is provided that we have given you every reasonable opportunity to let us in voluntarily. Tenants will be liable to pay for any costs of any damage occurred in this situation as the result of the forced entry. No notice will be required to gain entry for emergencies.

If we cause damage to the house or your property in connection with inspections, repairs or improvements, we will reinstate the damage or compensate you for your losses.

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)