Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).


Housing services

Improvements to your home

If you have recently moved into a new property you may be considering improving your house or the fixture and fittings like putting a new kitchen into your property or installing a new bathroom. Some tenants may even want to put up a garage, shed or other structure. If you are considering this please remember that:

  • You must first receive permission from the council in writing.

  • The council will consider your request and notify you of their decision in writing as soon as possible. The council will not refuse permission unreasonably.

  • If you have been granted permission you may be entitled to compensation at the end of your tenancy within reasonable limits.

  • If you carry out any alterations or improvements without the council's permission the council is entitled to restore the house to its previous condition during, or at the end, of your tenancy. If we do so, we are entitled to charge you for this work.

We are happy to discuss your plans with you so please don't hesitate to contact us on 0141 577 3700 for a chat or information about what you have planned.

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)