Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).


Housing services

What repairs are the council responsible for?

  • Communal areas - lighting repairs - this would apply to flatted properties with Council tenants or mixed tenures
  • Broken common stair or common door windows
  • Common door and door entry systems
  • Repairs to communal areas i.e. all common boundary fences, paths, gutters, downpipes, roofs, roughcasting
    chimneys, common entrance and door entry systems, close landing lights and windows.
  • To repair fittings which supply water, gas and electricity
  • Drains

We will also repair in the instances where damage is caused by:

  • Fair wear and tear
  • Vandalism (provided that you have reported the damage to the police and to the council as soon as the damage is discovered)
  • Fire
  • Flood

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)