Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).


Housing services

Tenants are responsible for the following repairs

  • Any accidental damage or breakages caused by you, family members living with you or an invited visitor. 
  • Any minor repairs or internal decoration you undertake within your property.
  • Maintaining any fixtures and fittings you have installed yourself.
  • Supplying and fitting plugs and chains to sinks and basins.
  • Light bulbs, fluorescent tubes or starters, plugs or fuses connected to appliances.
  • For reporting that you require a new battery, for the battery operated smoke alarms.

You will be recharged for the cost to the council of any damage we have to repair that is actually your responsibility.

The list we have provided you is not exhaustive. If you are unsure about whether you are required to pay for a repair you can contact the repairs call centre on 0141 577 3700 for more information.

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)