Skip to content

Our Customer Service opening hours are 8.45am - 4.45pm, Monday to Friday. The Payment Centre hours are 9am - 4.15pm, with only credit/debit card payments (not cash) between 1pm and 2pm. 

Live chat: If you cannot find what you're looking for, or need help completing an online form, our Customer Service Officers are available on live chat between 9.00am - 4.45pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). Live chat 

News and announcements

Register your child for nursery

Parents and carers looking to gain a place in an East Renfrewshire Council nursery are being urged to register their child.

Nursery school places - Carlibar kids

All children who are three and four years old are entitled to 600 hours of free early learning and childcare in a council-run nursery.

Morning and afternoon sessions are allocated by ballot and these would apply for two years. The sessions are also allocated in equal numbers to achieve a balance of three and four year old school children.

The council's education service is urging parents whose child will turn three or four between 1 March 2017 and 28 February 2018 to apply if you haven't done so already.

If your child is due to start nursery in the 2017/18 session, you will be contacted about your place by the end of April if your application is received before the closing date.

This year the closing date for applications for council nurseries is 28 February 2017.


Every three and four-year-old in East Renfrewshire is entitled to a place at one of our nurseries. I'd encourage parents to contact our education service and apply if you haven't done so already. Applications that are received after the closing date will be treated as late and therefore your place will be allocated at a later date so don't miss out.
Councillor Elaine Green - Convener for Education and Equalities

Further information and an application form can be downloaded from our Early Learning and Childcare Establishment section.

Parents can also contact our education service on 0141 577 3265 or email

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)