Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).


Have your benefit circumstances changed?

You must let the council know as soon as you know your situation will be changing if you are in receipt of housing benefit and/or council tax reduction.

If your circumstances change at any time during the year you do have a duty to let us know immediately.

Changes include, for example:

  • Your income goes up or down.

  • Someone moves into or out of your home.

  • Other circumstances for anyone who lives with you change.

Please get in contact with the council as soon as you know your situation is changing.

You must also contact the relevant government department (such as the Department of Work and Pensions) about any benefits you receive from the UK Government to also inform them of your change in circumstances.

How do I let the Council know about my circumstances changing?

To tell us about any changes, you must complete the council's Change in Circumstance form, you can attach document/s to evidence the change e.g. pay slips, DWP Award letters.

Note: Do not upload proof of identity, as we need to see the original documents.  Please take these documents to your local office where we will copy them.

Uploading files

Please use the upload and attach file button on the form.

Types of files accepted as attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, tif, tiff, bmp, png and pdf.  There is a 5MB size limit on all files that can be attached.

Please ensure that the documents you attach are complete and easy to read.  If documents are incomplete or are difficult to read this may result in a delay in your application.

If you want to upload the evidence and attach it to your application at another time, you can save and retrieve the application at a later date to upload the evidence.

  Report a change in circumstances 

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)