Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

Council tax

Council tax reduction

You may be entitled to council tax reduction if you are on a low income; find out how to qualify and apply.

Council tax benefit ended in April 2013 after the UK Government's Welfare reform Act. Council tax benefit has been replaced by council tax reduction.

Council tax reduction is assistance to pay your council tax bill and is administered by the council. The council tax reduction scheme is similar to the previous benefit scheme in the first year.

For information on other benefits available to residents, please visit:

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)