National Entitlement Card for disabled people
The National Entitlement Card offers a Scotland wide free bus and discounted travel scheme for many disabled people.
Free travel is available with any local bus or scheduled long distance coach service.
Concessionary travel is available on First Scotrail within Strathclyde and on the Glasgow Underground - For those residents who live within the Strathclyde boundary. Get in touch with Strathclyde Partnership for Transport (SPT) for further information.
Who can apply?
In order to qualify you must be aged 5 or over and fall into one of the following categories:
- I receive the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance
- I receive the higher/middle rate of the care component of Disability Living Allowance
- I receive the standard or enhanced rate of the Personal Independence Payment Mobility component (this entitles the applicant to the standard 'C' card)
- I receive the standard or enhanced rate of the Personal Independence Payment Daily Living component (this entitles the person to the standard 'C' card but will also give the applicant the option of having the companion entitlement if they want the 'C+1'
- I receive Attendance Allowance
- I live in a care or residential home or hospital and require 24 hour supervision
- I hold a Disabled Persons Parking Badge (Blue Badge)
- I am profoundly or severely deaf
- I have been told not to drive on medical grounds
- I suffer from a mental illness, learning disability or personality disorder
- I am terminally ill
- I suffer from a progressively degenerative disorder
- I have suffered a loss of limbs
- I am visually impaired
- I am a seriously injured veteran with mobility problems
For more detailed information on the above qualifying criteria we recommend you read the guidelines on the Transport Scotland website.
How to apply?
We're only able to process hard copy forms, you can contact Customer Service on 0141 577 3001 and we'll post a form out to you. Alternatively come into our Barrhead or Giffnock office and pick up a form.
Lost or stolen cards
Please contact Strathclyde Partnership for Transport on 0141 333 3211.