Criminal Justice Social Work Services
Criminal Justice Social Work Services in East Renfrewshire are provided as part of the Community Health and Care Partnership CHCP).
Our aim is to improve community safety and public protection through targeting our resources to reduce the risk of offending and harm in local communities. To do this, we work in partnership with a range of other services.
Working in Partnership
To achieve our aim, we work with child and adult protection colleagues, Housing Services, Scottish Prison Service, Police, Health and the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service as well as organisations in the voluntary sector.
Most services are provided locally and some are delivered with Inverclyde and Renfrewshire Councils or across the area of the North Strathclyde Community Justice Authority (NSCJA).
- Reports to Courts, Procurator Fiscal and the Parole Board
- Supervising offenders using effective risk management plans to reduce reoffending, challenging offenders to understand the impact of their behaviour on their victims, families, themselves and the local community and to encourage social re-integration
- Unpaid work placements to benefit the local community
- Diversion from Prosecution
- Supervised Attendance Orders
- Throughcare services to assist prisoners returning to the community
- Drug Treatment and Testing Orders to reduce drug-related crime
- Social work services to the Forensic Community Mental Health Team (NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde). For more information go to the External websites area.
- Access to a range of groupwork services including accredited programmes
We are working to deliver services in line with the North Strathclyde CJA Action Plan 2011-14 as well as upholding local and national standards. For more information go to the Related pages area.
Team members are provided with ongoing training and development and our work is regularly monitored and evaluated to ensure effectiveness and quality.