Come along and take your first look at the new Giffnock Library.
At Giffnock Library you'll find:
Books and more
- Books for all, including large print and talking books in CD and MP3 formats.
- Online access to ebooks and audiobooks.
- Online access to digital magazines.
- Free WiFi.
- Self-service facilities supported by a dedicated information desk.
- Books in a variety of community languages.
- A colourful new space for children with fiction, non-fiction, dual-language and picture books.
- Regular bookbug sessions and storytimes.
- A wide range of activities throughout the year.
- DVD hire.
- A new snug area featuring a wide range of newspapers and magazines.
Computers, learning and information
- 8 bookable PCs with high speed internet access, Office applications, assistive technologies and printing facilities.
- A learning centre with a further 8 bookable PCs.
- Free WiFi.
- A wide range of learning courses to suit different interests and abilities.
- Information about and assistance with our downloadable e-books, e-audiobooks and digital magazines.
- A reference and enquiry service, with access to quality online resources.
Giffnock Heritage Centre
The heritage centre can be accessed during Giffnock Community Library opening hours. However, if you require assistance, it is advisable to make an appointment or phone ahead as heritage staff are not always on duty throughout the Library's opening hours.
The following resources are available at Giffnock Heritage Centre
- Local and family history book collection.
- Census returns for the East Renfrewshire area, 1841-1901.
- Valuation rolls for the East Renfrewshire area.
- Old parish registers for Eaglesham, Busby and Mearns, Eastwood and Cathcart.
- Photograph collection.
- Map collection.
- Cuttings collection.
- Newspaper collection.
For additional information on the local and family history information, visit the Portal to the Past website.
The major service redesign has introduced a host of new features including bookable spaces for community and partner use.
- A large bookable community room suitable for up to 40 people.
- Two small meeting rooms perfect for partner outreach activities.
For additional information on how to book these spaces please contact the Libraries Community Outreach Officer: email@example.com.
- Photocopying and fax facilities and access to a digital scanner.
- Recycling facilities for household batteries.
- Toilet facilities adapted for disabled use.
- Adjacent car parking and access for people with disabilities.