Health information in your library
Health information available at your local library
Health Information Points
Giffnock, Neilston and Thornliebank community libraries have Health Information Points, which contain:
- a larger than usual selections of books on healthy living, illness, bereavement and other life issues
- the Healthy Reading collection
- leaflets on health subjects: healthy eating, mental health, sexual health, drug and alcohol information and more
- a dedicated PC where you can check out useful health websites
Local health information
- Would you like to find out about health and care services in your local area? If so, then visit GPs, Pharmacies, Dentists, Opticians in the Related pages area
- If you would like to find reliable and trustworthy health information in Scotland visit NHSinform. You will also find a wealth of local information there by entering your postcode or town
- Your local GP surgeries can be found on the NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde website
- If you want to become more active but don't know where to go locally, try the new Active Scotland website, developed by NHS Health Scotland. Search for your postcode or town and see what's on offer
For more information go to the Related pages and External websites areas.
Health and libraries
In all of our libraries library staff can help you find the information you are looking for. Every library has many health-related books and leaflets that cover a wide range of subjects from reducing stress levels to improving your overall health. Trained staff can also guide you to useful health websites - and remember, all community libraries have free Internet access.
Health and wellbeing activities
Why not try one of the health activities taking place in the following libraries. To book a place contact the venue.
For contact details go to Related pages area.
|Library||Clinic||Date and time||Cost|
|Barrhead||Relaxation Clinic||Every Tuesday|
10am - 12pm
|Barrhead||Therapeutic Treatments||Every Thursday|
1pm - 3pm
|Clarkston||Relaxation Clinic||Every 2nd Wednesday|
10am - 12pm
|Neilston||Older People's Health & Wellbeing Group||Every 2nd Thursday|
(school term time only)
The Healthy Reading collection
The 'Healthy Reading' collection is designed to assist people who suffer from stress or other emotional problems. The collection covers a range of mental health issues such as anxiety, low mood, and low self-esteem.
The books have been selected by health professionals and are available from your local library. You can borrow them yourself, or your GP or another health practitioner can recommend a title for you.
For more information go to Book Collections in the Related pages area.