Control of pests
What pests we will control and how much it will cost.
We provide free advice on dealing with any pests in and around the home. If you want pests treated by the Council the following options and fees apply:
- £48.00 for the control of mice and rats (2 visits).
- Additional visit for rats and mice within 6 weeks of treatment will be charged at a reduced rate of £22.00
- Wasps and common ants, and other insects: £48.00, with a charge of £26.75 for an additional treatment.
- A maximum charge for 1 visit is £76.00.
- All home visits regardless of whether treatment is carried out a charge of £48.00 will be made.
Other types of insects which are not part of the pest control contract incur a contractor's charge plus a 10% administration fee.
You may wish to note there are a number of measures that you can take to deter pests. For more information please refer to the advice sheets produced by Animal Aid.
We do not provide a service to commercial premises who should make their own arrangements for pest control monitoring and treatment.
How long it will take to deal with your request
We aim to respond to your request within one working day. During summertime when requests reach their peak, it may take slightly longer to carry out treatment but we will always endeavour to treat pests as quickly as possible. If the problem is outside such as a wasp's byke (nest), you do not have to be present but for security and insurance reasons, we will not go into a house without the householder, or their representative, being present.
Please note we cannot arrange specific appointment times but you can request a morning or afternoon call.
Advice on other insects, animals and birds: