Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).


Welfare reform contacts

Changes to benefits will impact on your financial situation.

If you are worried about any of the benefit changes highlighted in this section then you should contact us to discuss your circumstances.

Council contacts

Housing support

For East Renfrewshire council housing options phone us on 0141 577 4993 / 3719 / 3722 or email:

Financial and benefits support

We also run a financial support helpline on 0800 052 1023 or email: You can also text "money" to free text 80800 and add your name and the phrase "benefit health check" to be contacted by our team at a later date.  The MART team can also provide you with support for appeals and information on your rights.

If you are struggling with managing your household budget you can get help with your budgeting skills on 0800 052 1023 (ask for money advice) or by contacting the Adult and Family Learning Services on 0141 577 3306 or East Renfrewshire Citizens Advice Bureau on 0141 881 2032.

If you are worried about paying your rent, phone the council's rent team on 0141 577 3714.

Job seeking support

WorkER is the name for the employability services within East Renfrewshire. They aim to help individuals and businesses identify opportunities for meaningful employment, training and education. Contact us by phone on 0141 577 8438 or email:

Literacy, numeracy and IT skills

To learn how to use computers (as applications will be made online), phone our libraries on 0141 577 3500 or email:

To gain more confidence with reading, writing, numbers and using a computer phone Adult and Family Learning on 0141 577 3306 or email:

Other useful contacts

Job Centre Plus: 0845 604 3719.

Citizens Advice Bureau
216 Main Street,
0141 881 2032
Citizen's Advice Bureau website
(there are various outreach clinics where you can drop in, check the website)
East Renfrewshire Credit Union
114-116 Main Street
0141 881 1353
East Renfrewshire Carers' Centre (Part of Carers Trust)
The Gatehouse
Eastwood Park
G46 6UG
0141 638 4888
East Renfrewshire Carers' Centre website
Voluntary Action (and East Renfrewshire Disability Action)
56 Kelburn Street
0141 876 9555

For government guidance from the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) on the Personal Independence Payment (PIP), please visit:

Other Landlords

Barrhead Housing Association
70 Main Street
G78 1SB
0141 881 0638
Arklet Housing Association
Barrland Court
Barrland Drive
G46 7QD
0141 620 1890

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)