Help to find a job
East Renfrewshire Council's employability services.
Work EastRen is the name for the Employability Services within East Renfrewshire.
We aim to help individuals and businesses identify opportunities for meaningful employment, training and education.
We are currently reviewing our online information and service provision, please drop us an email, call or pop in to see how we can help you:Work EastRen - Employability Service
Tel: 0141 577 8438
We also manage a jobs board for local businesses:
Work for the council
You can also look for jobs at the council by visiting:
Find an employee
Our employability service can also help you find the right people for your vacancies:
We bring together the expertise of a wide group of organisations, including Jobcentre Plus, Skills Development Scotland, specialist support services, colleges, training providers and voluntary organisations. You can find out more about some of them at:
- Skills Development Scotland
- Reid Kerr College
- Diversity Jobs
- Voluntary Action East Renfrewshire: Development Pathway Link
What we can offer
- Free, friendly, independent and confidential services.
- We can meet with you at different locations throughout East Renfrewshire.
- Free internet job searches.
- Help to build up your confidence and skills.
- Referrals to specialist organisations.
- Help to draw up your CV .
- Help to apply for jobs, voluntary work, work experience, further education or training.
- Access Job alerts, job matching and job brokerage.
- Preparation for interviews.
- Once we have helped you, aftercare services to further develop your career.
- Information on recruitment events.
- National Training Programmes - Training for Work, Modern Apprenticeships and Get Ready for Work ( Subject to availability).
My World of Work
My World of Work is a web service for people to plan, build and direct their career throughout their lives.
Customers can see jobs in action; build their CVs; search for vacancies and explore training opportunities in a way that's personal to them.
There are video clips of people explaining their job roles and a newsy magazine cover with some great up-to-the-minute tips on how to get a job or train for one.
Delivered by Skills Development Scotland it provides information on the jobs market as well as offering help with things like tackling tough interview questions.
My World of Work complements SDS's current face-to-face and telephone services, as well as those provided by partners, so customers have access to a range of channels depending on the level of support they need.
For more information visit: