Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

Archives and information governance

Access to information

East Renfrewshire Council and the Integration Joint Board are keen to make available as much information as possible to our residents and to the broader community.

Freedom of Information – advice

Freedom of Information (FoI) means that, wherever possible, we will make information available to the public. The Council's Publication Scheme and the related Guide to Information are available in the "related documents" section of this page; those for the IJB are given below

The Council's latest FoI annual report is given below

If you can't find the information you want on this website, you can send a FoI request using our online request form:

Make a Freedom of Information request

Dealing with your request

The council will deal with your request promptly, although it may take up to 20 working days to respond.

Please note that there are a number of exemptions from the right to access information - for example in relation to someone else's personal data, if its disclosure would prejudice the Council's commercial interests or could interfere with health, safety or security, or if there is a statutory bar on disclosure. If the information is already available on the website or elsewhere, you will not be able to make a formal FoI request for it. Additionally, there may be a charge for more extensive requests or for information covered by the Environmental Information Regulations.

Personal information

Please note that if you want to access information that the Council holds about you, this is NOT available through FoI - instead you should visit our data protection page.

Further details

Freedom of Information in Scotland is governed by The Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 and by the Access to Environmental Information Regulations (Scotland) 2004. The Scottish Information Commissioner regulates FoI in Scotland.

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)