Skip to content

Live chat is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays)


Adults and older people

Equipment and adaptations to help you at home

Find out how to request an assessment for equipment and adaptations to help you at home.

What's available?

We can provide guidance, advice and support to help you manage your daily activities in different ways or provide and suggest equipment to help you maintain your current skills and become more independent.

Eligibility criteria

You must be an East Renfrewshire resident.

How to request an assessment

Please contact the Initial Contact team on 0141 800 7850.

How much does it cost?

Following an Occupational Therapy assessment that identifies a need for further input, we may recommend suitable adaptations that could be made to your home, or help you to find alternative housing options.

There will be no charge for the work needed if you're a council or housing association tenant and an occupational therapist has assessed you as requiring a permanent adaptation.

Read our leaflet for local authority tenants [453kb]

Read our leaflet for housing association tenants [459kb] 

You'll be eligible for assistance with 80% of the approved cost if you own your property or are privately renting and an occupational therapist has assessed you as needing a permanent adaptation.

In some circumstances, a 100% grant is awarded depending on receipt of qualifying benefits.

Assistance with this process can be provided by Care and Repair Renfrewshire via your occupational therapist.

Read our leaflet for homeowners [403kb]

Read our leaflet for private tenants [376kb]

Further information

Information can be found via the Disabled Living Foundation website that offers general advice and a free online assessment tool that can help identify suitable equipment or services for you.

Advice regarding the provision of small aids, such as specialist cutlery and equipment for dressing tasks, can be found via the Living Made Easy section of the website.

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)