Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

Apply for or renew a Blue Badge

Blue badge evidence and documentation

Find out what evidence and documentation you need to provide to automatically qualify for a Blue Badge without the need for a mobility assessment.

Proof of identity

  • birth/adoption certificate
  • driving license
  • passport
  • marriage/divorce certificate
  • certification of British Nationality
  • identify card for foreign nationals
  • HM Forces ID card

Proof of address

  • council tax bill dated in last 12 months or consent to check council tax database
  • housing benefit award letter
  • DWP benefit award letter
  • driving licence
  • pension letter
  • school confirmation letter or consent to check school records
  • service Personnel and Veterans Agency (SPVA) award letter
  • social services confirmation letter

Evidence of disability


  • Disability Living Allowance award letter confirming higher rate of mobility component dated in last 12 months
  • Personal Independence Payment award letter confirming mobility component of a least 8 points for the 'Moving Around' descriptor  or 12 points for the 'Planning and Following Journeys' descriptor, dated in last 12 months

Blindness and severely sight impaired

  • Certification of Blindness or Defective Vision (Certificate BP1 3R)
  • Certificate of Vision Impairment (CVI) or equivalent, signed by a Consultant Ophthalmologist and held by our Social Work Department

War Pension mobility supplement

  • award letter from Service Personnel and Veterans Agency (SPVA)
  • you can get a replacement award letter by calling 0800 169 2277

Armed Forces and Reserved Forces Compensation Scheme

  • SPVA award letter confirming you receive tariffs 1 to 8 and certified as having a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability to walk or considerable difficulty walking
  • you can get a replacement award letter by calling 0800 169 2277

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)