Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

We're looking for customers to give us feedback to help us improve our website and make a difference to our digital services.

Catchment areas and placing requests

How do I make a placing request?

You have the right to make a placing request for your child or children to be educated in a school other than your local catchment school. If you are applying for more than one child, please complete a separate form for each child. You may only apply for one school at any time.

It is possible to make a placing request application online or you may submit one in writing. The links to the online application and the physical application form are available below; please only submit one application using either medium.

Please send the completed form(s) to the education department and inform the head teacher of your local school that you are making a placing request.

Placing Requests
Education Department
East Renfrewshire Council Offices,
211 Main Street,
East Renfrewshire.
G78 1SY
Tel: 0141 577 3246

Head teachers can be contacted via the schools themselves:

You will receive an acknowledgement when your request has been received. If you have not received this within 10 working days, you should contact the department at: 0141 577 3246.

As soon as a decision has been made you will be notified of the result. If your placing request is successful, you will receive a letter inviting you to enrol your child in your chosen school.

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)