Skip to content

Due to essential maintenance, online payments and forms won't be available on Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 January. 

For essential housing repairs, homelessness enquiries or Ring and Report call 07968 222 507 or 07790 598970. If you need to speak to a social worker call 0300 343 1505.

For an emergency registration, contact 07798 875 297 or drop into Giffnock or Barrhead police station.

Service will be restored on Monday 27 January. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Archives and information governance

Regulation of Investigatory Powers Scotland Act

Find out about the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Scotland Act 2000 (RIPSA).

The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Scotland Act 2000 (RIPSA) was introduced to maintain surveillance of a person or persons, and to control information received from third parties when the subject of the activity isn't aware of the surveillance or information gathering.

Why do the council gather information?

We may gather information for the detection of a crime, a breach of legislation or tenancy agreement.

We've adopted policy and procedures from RIPSA for all services to follow.

Read our policy and procedures

Making a complaint

Anyone who feels we have acted improperly in carrying out our responsibilities, or who feels their essential human rights have been violated can register a complaint with the Investigatory Powers Tribunal.


We're inspected regularly by the Office of Surveillance Commissioners.

Accessing communications data is currently covered by the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Communications Data Order 2003.

Further information may be found on the Home Office website.

Further information


Human Rights Act 1998

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)