Skip to content

Council tax

Landlords: changes to a tenancy

Tell us online if your tenancies change. Remember landlords can be liable for council tax while their properties are empty.

Before you start

  • Use this form to tell us if any adult tenant moves in or out of your property.
  • Landlords, someone acting for them or letting agents call tell us about these changes.
  • For new tenancies, you'll need a copy of your signed tenancy agreement.
  • This form should take around 5 minutes to complete.

Start form now

Why you must tell us about tenants moving in or out

New tenants don't always tell us right away they've moved into a new property. If you tell us straight away using the online form, we can send the council tax bill to the new tenant.

Landlords are liable for council tax while our records tell us their property is empty.

Contact Council Tax



0141 577 3002

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)