Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

Births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships

Register a civil partnership

You must give at least 29 days' notice for a civil partnership. You need to fill in a CP10 form and make an appointment with a registrar to submit it.

How to make an appointment

Phone 0141 577 3004.

We have 2 registration offices.


211 Main Street, G78 1SY


Eastwood Park, G46 6UG

Who can register a civil partnership?

Both partners must be:

  • at least 16 years old when you register the civil partnership
  • of the same sex
  • not be related to each other in a way which prevents a civil partnership
  • unmarried or not already registered in a civil partnership


You must give at least 29 days' notice to submit the form.

The earliest you can submit the form is 3 months before your partnership ceremony.

Documents you need to bring

You must bring original documents. We don't accept copies.

If any documents are not in English, you must provide a certified translation.

For each partner

You also need to give names and address of 2 witnesses who are at least 16 years old.

If you've been married before

  • Legal documents to prove any previous marriage or civil partnership has ended. For example, Decree absolute.
  • Death certificate if your previous spouse or partner has died.

Immigration control

If you're subject to immigration control, we may ask for additional documents. We'll let you know this when you contact us.



Phone: 0141 577 3004

Related information

Marriage and civil partnership fees

Register a marriage



Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)