Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

We're looking for customers to give us feedback to help us improve our website and make a difference to our digital services.

Adults and older people

Community Recovery Team

A range of support to help alcohol and drug users who are stable in their recovery move onto education, training and employment.

What is available?

  • Support, advice and help to stay drug and/or alcohol free or to have control over your alcohol and/or drug use.
  • Your individual Recovery Plan with regular reviews.
  • 1 to 1 support and/or support from others in recovery.
  • Group work program of recovery.
  • Family support.
  • Links to wider community resources.
  • Support with personal development including education, training and employability support.
  • Opportunity to share your own experiences with others.
  • Mutual aid recovery groups.

Who can get help or who can get the service?

People who:

  • Have achieved stability in their lives including their use of drugs &/or alcohol.
  • Are motivated to change and improve their quality of life.
  • Want to regain control of their lives.

Non drug &/or alcohol using family members can also be offered support and assistance.

How do I access the help/service?

  • You can refer yourself either by 'phone or drop in to talk to someone.
  • Your GP, social worker or other professionals can refer you.
  • Your allocated worker within the Community Addiction Team can also refer you.

How much does it cost?

  • This is a community based service and there is no direct charge for individuals.
  • Some training providers may charge.

Can I get get help with the cost?

This will be determined by individuals circumstances.

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)