Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

Births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships

Copies of birth, marriage and death certificates

How to apply for a copy registration certificate.

Apply and pay for registration copy certificates

To do this you'll need to supply the information below, depending on the type of certificate you require, along how many copies you need.  Certificates will be sent out by 2nd Class post.

Registration fees Fees for copies of birth, marriage and death certificates

Fee £

Certificate - within one month from date of registration10.00
Certificate - out with one month from date of registration15.00
Certificate - additional copies10.00

We accept all major credit and debit cards with the exception of American Express, Diners and CB Cards. 

We can issue copy certificates for East Renfrewshire from 1855 onwards.  We can also provide you with certificates from any registration district in Scotland, except for events registered during the current year and previous year.  In these cases you would have to contact the office where the event was registered. More information can be found on the National Records of Scotland website.

Can I do it in person?

Yes, please telephone to make an appointment at our registration offices.

Registration Service Barrhead
Council Offices,
211 Main Street,
East Renfrewshire .
G78 1SY (opens in Google maps)
Tel: 0141 577 3008
Mon - Fri: 9am - 4pm Telephone Hours: 8.45am - 4.45pm
Registration Service Eastwood
Council HQ,
Eastwood Park,
East Renfrewshire.
G46 6UG (opens in Google maps)
Tel: 0141 577 3008
Mon - Fri: 9am - 4pm Telephone Hours: 8.45am - 4.45pm

What information do I need to obtain a copy certificate?

Birth certificate

  • Name at birth
  • Date of birth
  • Place of birth
  • Mother's maiden name

Death certificate

  • Name at death
  • Date of death
  • Place of death
  • Age at time of death

Marriage certificate

  • Parties' names
  • Date of marriage
  • Place of marriage

Your certificate will be issued at your appointment if you bring the above information along with you.

What if I do not have all the information?

A registrar can carry out a records search to help you find the information you are looking for.  For details on the types of searches and the fees visit:

East Renfrewshire Heritage Service can also help you .

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)