Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

Housing services

Council house tenants

Information on all our housing services can be found at the following pages.

Your tenancy agreement is a legal contract between you and the council. It sets up the terms and conditions of you living in your council home.

What to do if you need to make changes to your tenancy.

You must complete a termination tenancy form to end your tenancy agreement.

Pay online and other ways to pay your council house rent.

How to get involved and have your say in decisions about your housing services.

We insure your building but tenants must insure their own personal items. Find out how you can apply for our home contents insurance plan.

Find out what to do if you experience noise or anti social behaviour from a neighbour.

As your landlord, by law, we need to carry out a gas safety check every year. We do this in all council homes with gas appliances. This is make to make sure your appliances are safe and working.

Get emergency phone numbers and find out how to deal with home emergencies if you're a council tenant.

You can also apply for a housing with a housing association. Find details of housing associations working within East Renfrewshire.

You can decorate your council home but you need to apply for permission to make major changes.

What to do if you need to make change your tenancy.

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)