Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

We're looking for customers to give us feedback to help us improve our website and make a difference to our digital services.

Children and families

Early Years

Information about East Renfrewshire commitment to partnership working for early years.

Within East Renfrewshire Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP) we have always invested in support for families with young children; we are committed to working in partnership to Implement the Scottish Government's Early Years Framework 2008.

Good parenting has a lasting impact on children's lives, relationships and wellbeing as adults. In East Renfrewshire we recognise that the vast majority of parents and carers do a good job in bringing up children, but we are also aware it can be difficult and challenging and sometimes families will need help. It is for this reason that we emphasise that parenting support is available to all parents, although clearly the level of support offered by local services will vary depending on the identified need of the child and family.

Within the HSCP we are committed to delivering parenting support; your social worker or health visitor can give you advice about appropriate supports available.

Request for Assistance Team

211 Main Street,
G78 1XE
Tel: 0141 577 3557

Health Visitors

Health Visitors and school nurses provide a service to all children within the HSCP.

Health Visitors are trained nurses who have undergone further study in Public Health which causes a range of issues such as child development, child nutrition and family dynamics. Health Visitors give advice on Immunisations, Child Development, Feeding/Breast Feeding support, Sleeping, Post Natal Depression and are all trained in Triple P Parenting Programme:

They give support to vulnerable children and play a key role within Child Protection. All Health Visitors are attached to GP Practices, some are based within the practices and others are based in Eastwood Health and Care Centre and Barrhead Council Offices. Health Visitors work closely with other agencies such as Social Work, Pre-five Education and Specialist Services within health and can refer directly to Speech and Language, Audiology and Child Development centres.

Further information on support for children provided by HSCP can be found at:

If you're looking for information on the council pre-5 and nursery establishments, please visit:

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)