Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

Adults and older people

I've got a long-term health problem and need support

Information about long-term health problems and where to get support.

What help is available?

  • Information about your long term condition
  • Help with how to manage your long term condition
  • Education that would allow you to self manage and identify when there is any change in your condition
  • How and who to contact if you require support and advice

Who can get help or who can get the service?

Anyone with one or more long term condition including:

  • Coronary Heart Disease and Heart Failure
  • Stroke
  • Chest Conditions (including Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD))
  • Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2)

How does a person access the service?

Contact your GP or practice nurse who will advise on which services are available depending on the support, advice or care you may require.

Further information is available from Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland, Diabetes UK Scotland, British Heart Foundation and the Stroke Association websites in the following links. 

Information about heart conditions such as coronary heart disease and heart failure.

Information about chest conditions (asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease etc.).

Information about diabetes.

Information about strokes.

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)