Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

Community Information

Domestic noise

How to report noise deemed to be 'Anti Social Behaviour Noise'.

Domestic noise complaints

It is an offence for anyone to exceed permitted noise levels during relevant periods of the day, evening and night.

All the Community Wardens within East Renfrewshire are qualified and authorised to enforce the legislation with regard to domestic noise. Noise levels require to be measured using prescribed noise meters and in a manner set out in the legislation. Matters such as the nature and duration of the noise are to be taken into consideration. Enforcement options available include warning notices, fixed penalty notices and in exceptional circumstances, seizure of equipment and reports to the Procurator Fiscal.

To report domestic noise, please contact East Renfrewshire's Ring and Report helpline on 0141 577 8373 (free to call).

All anti-social behaviour is investigated by our Anti Social Investigations Team.

Non-domestic noise complaints

Complaints about noise from roadworks, construction sites and intruder alarms can also be reported via the ring and report helpline.

Noise as a result of work on railway lines should be reported to National Rail's helpline service: 08457 114 141.

Dog barking

All dog related issues are handled by our dedicated dog control services:

You can report persistent dog barking to the Community Wardens in dog control via the Ring and Report helpline 0141 577 8373.

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)