Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

Housing services

Older and/or disabled persons housing support

Information on housing options for the elderly and/or disabled.

image of a smiling elderly couple

Housing options for elderly and/or disabled persons

Where someone is elderly, but has specific needs, and/or is disabled, more specialist advice may be required. Our private sector housing team can provide a wide range of information on the different types of housing options available for disabled and older people. The private sector housing team can be contacted by phoning 0141 577 8362 or by email at

The housing options guide for older and/or disabled people is also available by clicking on the link below.

Occupational therapy advice & support

The Occupational Therapy team provides advice, guidance and support to anyone affected by problems associated with a physical disability; chronic medical condition and ageing, in order to promote independence within their own home and enhance quality of life.

The service provides:

  • Assessments
  • Advice on and provision of equipment
  • Advice on and adaptations to property.

A member of the Occupational Therapy service will be able to take the client through the assessment process and provide advice and information on the most suitable course of action, taking into consideration an individual's circumstances: 0141 577 3003.

Alternatively, if you would like information on equipment and adaptations for your home you can contact an Occupational Therapist in person or in writing at:

East Renfrewshire Council
Health & Social Care Partnership (HSCP)
213 Main Street,
East Renfrewshire
G78 1SW
Tel: 0141 577 3003 

Grant assistance for adaptations

Owner Occupiers and Private tenants may be eligible for grant assistance for adaptations to their home. Residents must be assessed by an occupational therapist and classed as eligible and in priority need. To arrange an assessment please contact East Renfrewshire Council's occupational therapy team using the above details. To find out more about the grants available, please contact the Private Sector Housing Officer at:

East Renfrewshire Council
211 Main Street
East Renfrewshire
G78 1SY
Tel: 0141 577 3589
Email: privatesectorhousing

Housing adaptations and advice leaflet

The private sector housing team have prepared a leaflet regarding housing adaptations. The leaflet offers information and advice for clients seeking information on adaptations, housing options, Care and Repair services and Health and Social Care Partnership assessments. The leaflet is available by clicking on the link below:

Non-financial assistance for adaptations: care & repair

The council's Care & Repair service provides free and confidential advice and assistance to older people and people with disabilities on repairs, improvements and adaptations. They can provide practical support to owners & private tenants from project managing work to offering advice on approaching contractors.

For further information please contact Care & Repair on 0141 812 4111. Alternatively you can contact the private sector housing officer on 0141 577 3589 (Wed PM - Friday).

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)