Read our house rules for communicating with us through social media.
Our social media channels allow us to communicate useful information from our services and partners, keeping you up to date with what's happening in East Renfrewshire.
Our social media channels are run by people - our staff - who'll do their best to help you, but we expect users to offer them the same level of courtesy.
We want our social media to be a safe space, so if you choose to communicate with us through these channels you need to follow our house rules:
- You must comply with the social media platform's Terms of Service, which you can find links to in the 'Related links' section on this web page
- We'll remove posts that we believe are inappropriate or discriminatory against an individual or group
- You're responsible for any content you post including content that you choose to share
Where possible, we'll remove messages, report and/or block users, who post messages that we believe are:
- abusive or obscene
- deceptive or misleading
- violate intellectual property rights
- violate any law or regulation
- Spam and off-topic content (constant negative and/or abusive posts in which the aim is to cause a response)
We won't tolerate or respond to abusive messages. Anyone repeatedly using content or language that falls into the above categories will be blocked and/or reported to the associated social media platform.