Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

Births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships

Register a stillbirth

You must register a stillbirth within 21 days.

How to make an appointment

Phone 0141 577 3004.

We have 2 registration offices.


211 Main Street, G78 1SY


Eastwood Park, G46 6UG

If the stillbirth took place in Scotland, you can register at a registration office in Scotland.

Who can register a stillbirth?

Either parent if:

  • married to each other
  • in a registered civil partnership

The mother only if:

  • unmarried
  • not in a civil partnership

Both parents must be there to include both names on the certificate.

A relative can register a stillbirth in exceptional circumstances. Contact a registrar if you need more information about this.

Documents you need to bring

  • stillbirth registration card from hospital
  • medical certificate (form 6)
  • marriage or civil partnership certificate (if applies)

Documents we'll provide

  • certificate of registration of stillbirth (form 8)
  • extract of the entry in the register (if a parent asks for this)

There's no cost for these documents.

Additional copies

You can only ask for additional copies at the time of registration.



Phone: 0141 577 3004


Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)