Stopping smoking is the single most important thing you can do to improve your health and bank balance.
Smoking is associated with many illnesses and diseases affecting most parts of the body, particularly your heart and lungs.
The health and financial benefits of stopping are almost immediate:
- After 24 hours of stopping, carbon monoxide is no longer detected in the body and oxygen levels are much improved.
- In the first month, the average smoker will save over £250 leaving you healthier and wealthier.
For anyone considering stopping smoking, East Renfrewshire Smokefree Community Services offer free help and support as giving up is not always easy. By coming along to our local service and using a stop smoking product you are giving yourself the best chance of success.
What do we offer?
- Friendly and informal support offered at venues in and around East Renfrewshire.
- Telephone support for those discharged from hospital.
- Drop in at Barrhead Health and Care Centre, Tuesday evenings, 5.30pm-6.30pm (NO appointment required)
Smokefree Services Guarantee
- A warm welcome
- A personalised quit plan unique to you
- The best tried and tested way to quit
- Friendly support from highly skilled advisers
- Free Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) or Champix
- We're here for as long as you need us
What's available locally
East Renfrewshire Smokefree Services are available in your local community and every pharmacy.
If you want to use an e-cigarette to stop smoking, contact us to find out what support we can offer.
Either submit the form below or call us on 0141 451 0757