Skip to content

Our Customer Service opening hours are 8.45am - 4.45pm, Monday to Friday. The Payment Centre hours are 9am - 4.15pm, with only credit/debit card payments (not cash) between 1pm and 2pm. 

Live chat: If you cannot find what you're looking for, or need help completing an online form, our Customer Service Officers are available on live chat between 9.00am - 4.45pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). Live chat 

Primary schools

Choose denominational or non-denominational

Every East Renfrewshire household will be in a catchment area for a denominational on non-denominational school. You may choose to register your son or daughter in either the local denominational or local non-denominational school.

The school in which your child starts at P1 will determine the secondary school to which your child will transfer. Secondary schools and primary schools with overlapping catchment areas are said to form a cluster. Which cluster the primary school is in determines which secondary school your child will automatically qualify for, cluster details are in a table at:

Normally, your child will attend your local catchment primary school. A list of our primary schools and their contact details can be found at:

If you wish your child to go to a primary school serving a catchment area you do not live in, or if you later choose to move from one denominational sector to another, you must make a placing request.

The education department or schools can provide details of the catchment area they serve. Contact details for catchment queries are available at:

Jewish education

Calderwood Lodge Primary School provides a Jewish education including compulsory Hebrew and Kodesh within an extended school day. The holidays at this school vary slightly from other East Renfrewshire schools to take account of Jewish festivals. All admissions to Calderwood Lodge Primary School must be made by a placing request.

Pupils from Calderwood Lodge who live within East Renfrewshire will automatically transfer to Mearns Castle High School. A placing request  will be needed to attend a different secondary school.

Parents/Carers of children living outwith East Renfrewshire must make a placing request to attend any East Renfrewshire school.

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)