Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

Complaints, feedback and having your say

Complaints, feedback and having your say

This page tells you how to make a complaint, a compliment or a suggestion as well as how you can get involved with the work of the council.

If you simply want to ask for more information, request a service or ask for advice you can contact us by using the customer services form: General enquiry.

Compliment or suggestion

The quickest and easiest way to complain is to contact the service or person you have been dealing with, let them know what the problem is and what would put things right.  You can also do this by using the online complaint form:


Please treat our staff with the same courtesy and respect that you would expect to receive from them when dealing with complaints. We will protect staff from unacceptable behaviour and/or actions such as unreasonable demands, aggressive or offensive behaviour.

Our unacceptable actions policy explains how we will manage our contact with any individual in such circumstances.

Useful links: Freedom of information‚Äč and Data protection

Our two stage complaints procedure is a Scotland-wide standard.

How are we performing? How have we used your feedback in our decisions?

If you suspect that a council employee is committing fraud or is accepting bribes, you should report this to Internal Audit using this confidential online form.

How to get involved in decision making about your community.

8 community councils: Barrhead, Broom, Kirkhill & Mearnskirk, Busby, Crookfur, Greenfarm & Mearns Village, Giffnock, Neilston, Thornliebank and Uplawmoor. Find out meeting dates and venues for all.

Results of what our 1,200 panel of residents think about services, issues affecting East Renfrewshire and information on how to join our panel.

Your Voice in Health and Social Care is the main structure which the Health and Social Care Partnership uses to engage with the local community.

Find information on the Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015 and asset transfer process for East Renfrewshire Council.

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)