Find out about learning opportunities available to adults in East Renfrewshire.
Our Adult Learning Services offer a range of learning opportunities for everyone. Whether you want to gain new skills or qualifications, get a new job, go to college or just build your confidence, you'll be welcome to attend the courses we provide.
Who can attend?
Anyone who is 16 or over.
Please note, East Renfrewshire residents will be prioritised.
What courses do we provide?
- Adult Literacies: brush up on numbers and money
- Adult Literacies: brush up on reading and writing
- Gaelic Language
- SQA accredited courses in partnership with West College Scotland and Clyde College (examples include ESOL, IT, Early Years and Childcare, Wellbeing)
- SQA accredited courses in Numeracy
- ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) including ESOL for Work and ESOL for Parents
- Personal Development and Confidence Building
How much does a course cost?
All of our courses are free.
Please note, West College Scotland offer a few accredited courses for us, which you may have to pay for if you don't qualify for a fee waiver.
We can also help you develop core skills for work such as:
- using a computer to edit and update a CV
- create and use your email account to send your CV to employers
- complete on-line application forms
- support to learn how to use the Universal Credit website, enabling you to maintain your claimant commitment
- upload your CV or other documents to job-sites
- prepare for entrance exams and speaking confidently at interviews
How to apply
What happens next
When we contact you, we'll arrange a time to phone you to talk about what it is you want to do, develop a learning plan for you by discussing how you feel about your learning and your goals for the future, and arrange learning opportunities that'll suit you.
We'll speak with you at regular intervals to review your progress and support you to identify the correct route for you when you're ready to move on.