Skip to content

 Live chat is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

Archives and information governance


The Council's historic archives are held in the records store at Williamwood High School.

What do we hold?

Copies of our archival lists (where these are available) can be found under related documents. We hold the archives of the old Burgh of Barrhead, of the former Districts and of numerous clubs, societies and local estates and businesses.

You can find out more about our archives or arrange a visit by contacting the Council Records Manager on 0141 577 3059. You can search the catalogues listed on this page by using the "historic archives search" page (linked through "archives" at the top left of this page). Alternatively, you can make a request online:

Want to find out about family history?

If you have a genealogical enquiry and are not sure where to start the heritage service can help:

The registration service can look for historical copies of birth, marriage and death certificates. Please note that this is a charged service:

Where are the archives?

Access to the archives is by appointment only. There are no set opening times, but we will try to accommodate your needs. The Council Records Manager will provide full details of where to go when your booking is confirmed. The archives are held in the Records Store at the Williamwood School campus.

Williamwood High School
Eaglesham Road
East Renfrewshire
G76 8RF

If you are unsure how to get there by public transport, we recommend you use the Traveline Scotland journey planner to find the best route from your location.

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)