Skip to content

Live chat is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays)



Caravan and camp site licence

Apply for a caravan and camp site licence.

To run a caravan site you need a licence from the local authority.

Conditions of licence:

  • Restricting when caravans can be on the site for human habitation
  • Restricting the number of caravans that can be on the site at any one time
  • Controlling the types of caravans on the site.
  • Controlling the positioning of the caravans
  • Controlling the use of other structures and vehicles, including tents
  • Ensuring steps are taken add to the land, including planting/replanting bushes and trees
  • Ensuring that sanitary facilities, services and equipment are available and maintained
  • Fire safety and fire fighting controls

Eligibility criteria

You must be entitled to use the land as a caravan site.

Licences won't be issued to applicants who've had a site licence officially cancelled within 3 years of the current application.


There is no fee for a caravan and camping site licence.

Apply online

What happens next?

Your application will be processed. If you don't hear from us within a reasonable period, phone 0141 577 4684.

If your application is refused

If your licence is refused you can appeal to the Sheriff by writing to:

Paisley Sheriff court
St. James St

The appeal must be made within 28 days of the refusal. 

Trade associations

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)