Skip to content

Due to essential maintenance, online payments and forms won't be available on Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 January. 

For essential housing repairs, homelessness enquiries or Ring and Report call 07968 222 507 or 07790 598970. If you need to speak to a social worker call 0300 343 1505.

For an emergency registration, contact 07798 875 297 or drop into Giffnock or Barrhead police station.

Service will be restored on Monday 27 January. We apologise for any inconvenience.


Indoor sports entertainment licence

Apply and pay for an indoor sports entertainment licence.

If you use premises to show public sports entertainment, you must have a licence from the local authority.

Licences aren't needed for premises where showing sport for entertainment isn't the main purpose of the use of the premises.

Regulation summary

Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982


An indoor sports entertainment licence fee is:

  • £205 for 1 year
  • £373 for 2 years
  • 447 for 3 years

It costs £40 to change an indoor sports entertainment licence.

There's no cost to supply a certificate of compliance or cancel an indoor sports entertainment licence.

Apply online

Download an application form

pdf icon Indoor sports entertainment application [131kb]

What happens next?

Your application will be processed. If you don't hear from us within a reasonable period, phone 0141 577 4684.

If your application is refused

If your licence is refused you can appeal to the Sheriff by writing to:

Paisley Sheriff court
St. James St

The appeal must be made within 28 days of the refusal. 

Trade associations

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)