Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

Think Green

Energy advice organisations

We are happy to offer advice on sustainability, energy efficiency and carbon management. However, there are other programmes offering additional advice and support which may be better suited to your need.

Home Energy Scotland

Home Energy Scotland Hotline Home Energy Scotland is a Scottish Government programme managed by Energy Saving Trust. Advice is offered on energy saving, renewable energy, sustainable transport, waste prevention and more.  With a network of advice centres throughout Scotland, Home Energy Scotland's expert advisors offer free, impartial advice to householders, community groups, private sector landlords, local authorities, housing associations and businesses. We highly recommend their page:

The Council and 'Think Green' are also working with HES to help you access their service to make it easier for you to save energy at home.  It has been developed to offer a wide range of advice that can be tailored to your needs; whether you rent or own your home, are interested in renewable technology, funding for new insulation or a replacement boiler:

Resource Efficient Scotland

Resource Efficient Scotland is an advice and support programme designed to help businesses, the public and third sectors save money and reduce energy, water and waste.

Energy Saving Trust (Scotland)

Energy Saving Trust (Scotland) is based in the UK, leading in the field of delivering energy efficiency to domestic, business, local government and trade sectors.  It provides useful publications, news and resources. We highly recommend their page:

Energy Action Scotland

Energy Action Scotland (EAS) campaigns for an end to fuel poverty in Scotland and is the only national body with this sole remit. Set up as a charity in 1983, EAS seeks to develop and promote effective solutions to the problem of cold, damp and expensive to heat homes.

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)