Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

Archives and information governance

Data protection

Data Protection is about how the council manages your information.

Picture of a man going through a filing cabinet

Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation the council is required to make proper use of your personal data. The Act states that this information has to be proportionate, used fairly and legally, that it must be properly managed, and that we can only use it for certain specified purposes. Data protection is regulated by the UK's Information Commissioner's Office.

For more information on how we deal with personal data visit our page on privacy and read our data protection policy:

Subject access requests

You can make formal requests for information held about you, subject to certain limitations.

A "data subject" (the person to whom the data refers) is entitled to make a request, to be informed (subject to certain exemptions) whether or not personal data is held or processed about them and to have a copy of any such data. You have the right to request the information we hold about you verbally or in writing. To assist us in managing this process please complete the form below.

You can write to us at:

Information Governance & Data Protection Officers
Council Headquarters
Rouken Gen Road
Eastwood Park
G46 6UG

Customer Services Privacy Notice

Our frontline Customer Services team handle many different enquiries on behalf of the Council and will often be the service taking your information for the first time. You can read the privacy notice below:


If you have any questions comments or concerns regarding Data Protection please contact the Council's Data Protection Officer:

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)