About money advice and rights

Find out how we can help if you're worried about debt or struggling to manage your money. We can also help you find out what benefits you're entitled to and appeal decisions you're unhappy with.

How we can help

Our Money Advice and Rights team (MART) can offer free, expert and confidential advice to help you:

  • find out what benefits you're entitled to
  • make a claim
  • appeal a decision you're unhappy with made by us (for a housing benefit or council tax decision), the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), Social Security Scotland or HMRC
  • with DWP sanctions
  • maximise your income
  • deal with all types of debts
  • understand what the people you owe money to can do to get it back
  • speak to your creditors on your behalf
  • review the money you have coming in and out

Please note, we're a Macmillan Cancer Support partner and will prioritise residents with a cancer diagnosis.

How to contact us

Contact us online

Last modified on 10 April 2024