Order a replacement taxi or private hire licence document
Find out how to order a replacement taxi or private hire document
Use this service to:
- order a replacement taxi driver licence
- order a replacement taxi vehicle licence
- order a replacement private hire driver licence
- order a replacement private hire vehicle licence
- order a replacement driver ID badge
- order replacement front, rear or both plates
- order a replacement M.O.T certificate
Before you start
If you need a replacement licence document because your previous copy has been lost, you'll need a scanned copy of your Police lost property report and incident number.
You'll also need to upload some ID:
- one piece of photographic ID
- one piece of proof of address
You'll need a debit or credit card to pay for the items that have a fee.
You'll need your driver or vehicle licence number.
1 April 2021
|1 April 2022|
to 31 March 2023
Taxi driver licence
Taxi vehicle licence
Private hire driver licence
Private hire vehicle licence
Front plate inserts
Rear plate inserts
Front and rear plates
You must be an East Renfrewshire registered driver or needing documents for an East Renfrewshire registered vehicle.
How to order
What happens next?
If you need replacement licence documents because your previous copy has been damaged, you'll need to hand in your damaged copy when you collect your replacement.
You'll be contacted when your items are ready for collection. You should collect them from the council headquarters in Giffnock. You must bring a piece of photographic ID and proof of your address with you to collect your items.