Skip to content

Our Customer Service opening hours are 8.45am - 4.45pm, Monday to Friday. The Payment Centre hours are 9am - 4.15pm, with only credit/debit card payments (not cash) between 1pm and 2pm. 

Live chat: If you cannot find what you're looking for, or need help completing an online form, our Customer Service Officers are available on live chat between 8.45am- 4.45pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). Live chat 

Planning and Building Standards

About Building Standards and Public Safety

Building Standards contact, performance and public safety information.

Building Standards is one of several integral Services within the Planning, Property and Regeneration Service of the Environment Department.

The service is responsible for the administration and enforcement of statutory functions governing building regulations and dangerous buildings, structures, including vacant properties. The main functions are the health, safety and amenity of people in the built environment, conservation of fuel and power, facilities to and within buildings for people with disabilities and to further sustainable development. This is achieved by promoting compliance with specific legislation relating to buildings.

Additionally Building Standards provides discretionary services in response to enquiries about building and conveyancing matters. All our services, statutory and discretionary, are underpinned with a strong customer focus.

Building Standards deals with:

  • Processing Building Warrant Applications
  • Processing Completion Certificate submissions
  • Inspecting Construction Work relating to Building Warrants
  • Carrying Out Enforcement of Building Standards
  • Inspecting and Assessing Dangerous Buildings
  • Providing Consultation and inspection reports to the Licensing Board
  • Assessing and Inspecting regulated stands, staging and temporary venues
  • Providing regulatory guidance on Disablement Issues
  • Issuing "Letters of Comfort" and Building Standards Property Enquiry Information
  • Providing regulatory advice to East Renfrewshire Access Panel

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)