Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).


Planning and Building Standards

Can I request confirmation that permission isn't needed (Certificates of Lawfulness)?

Planning officers are happy to give informal advice to you over the telephone or in person at the planning office regarding what needs and what doesn't need planning permission. However, if you wish to receive a formal decision in this regard, you will need to apply for a 'Certificate of Lawfulness'. Forms and information on this procedure, including the fee which will be charged, can be requested from the Development Management team.

You can also apply for certificates of lawfulness through the Scotland wide ePlanning system:

Planning rules and definitions are quite complicated, so if you are in doubt, please contact us:

Development Management
2 Spiersbridge Way,
Spiersbridge Business Park,
East Renfrewshire.
G46 8NG
Tel: 0141 577 3001

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)