Prevention: confident consumers and avoiding scams
"To work in collaboration to empower our residents to avoid unnecessary personal and financial harm. We will place particular emphasis on protecting residents placed in vulnerable situations."
Find out how the prevention team could help you
- Worried that you, a friend or a relative may be vulnerable to scams?
- Tired of cold callers at the door and on the phone?
- Looking to hire reputable traders?
- Keep safe and secure in the home and online
- Keeping residents informed about food safety and labelling
The team consists of people who have demonstrated a desire to work in collaboration to empower and protect residents from financial and personal harm, particularly those in vulnerable situations. We think a combination of creative prevention and intelligence led enforcement can provide a sustainable model for community protection and development across East Renfrewshire. - Paul Holland (Principal Prevention Officer)
Stopping Scotlands scammers - In the series of three 30 minute programmes, STV highlight the increasing rise in financial scams and inform the public how they can better protect themselves against fraud, using real-life case studies to illustrate the extent of the issue.