Skip to content

Due to essential maintenance, online payments and forms won't be available on Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 January. 

For essential housing repairs, homelessness enquiries or Ring and Report call 07968 222 507 or 07790 598970. If you need to speak to a social worker call 0300 343 1505.

For an emergency registration, contact 07798 875 297 or drop into Giffnock or Barrhead police station.

Service will be restored on Monday 27 January. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Community Information

Report a dog problem

Report dog fouling, excessive barking and stray dogs. You can use the online form or phone us on 0800 013 0076.

What you can report

  • dog fouling
  • stray dogs
  • excessive barking

Report online

Ring and Report line

You can also phone 0800 013 0076.

The line is open 7 days a week from 7.30am to midnight.

What we can do

Dog fouling

We patrol areas with dog fouling problems.

We can give a Fixed Penalty Notice if you don't remove dog waste.

The Fixed Penalty Notice is up to £80.


We'll scan the dog for a microchip and try to find its owner.

If we can't find the owner we'll take it to SPCA in Cardonald.

You're responsible for any costs.

Excessive barking

We'll investigate barking complaints you can't resolve with the owner.

We can give advice to the owner.

You can take civil action if you can't resolve it. You need to write to:

Paisley JP Court
Mill Street

You can ask us for a sample letter.



Phone: 0800 013 0076

Related information

Microchip a dog

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)