Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

Adults and older people


If you feel that you have a problem with continence further details can be accessed on these pages.

What is available?

Community nursing staff within East Renfrewshire Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP) can give advice and support to people of all ages who have problems with continence.

Health visiting staff would give support and advice to parents who have children who have continence problems.

Who can get help or who can get the service?

Please contact your GP or District Nurse/Community Nurse, who will arrange for you to be assessed.

How does a person access the service?

  • A Specialist Continence Service exists for GG&C named SPHERE, your GP can refer you to this service. This team can assess and provide treatment for more complex bladder and bowel issues. This team also provide community clinics for people who are able to attend.
  • Your District Nurse or Community Nurse can carry out a simple continence assessment if you are housebound. This may include assessment for containment products.

How much does it cost?

There is no cost to access the service. If a continence product is required that we cannot provide, there may be a cost to provide this yourself.

Single Point of Access (SPOA)
Tel: 0141 451 0866

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)