Whitelee events and clubs
Find out about events and clubs at Whitelee.
Discover the exciting events and activities programme delivered by the Whitelee Countryside Rangers throughout the year for adults, children and families. We also support a number of events delivered by charities and others. Our events are listed in the table below, or you can take a look at our event guide:
All ranger-hosted events are free, while those delivered by others may involve a registration or entry fee.
How to book:
Bookings for each event (unless listed as a drop-in event) will only open 1 month in advance of each event.
Please contact the Whitelee Countryside Ranger Service:
Phone: 0141 614 0962
- Please read the specific event information for each activity for additional details and/or things to bring.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please wear/bring suitable outdoor clothing and footwear. Prepare for changeable weather.
- All published distances and finish times are approximate and subject to change.
- Dogs are welcome on most events, but some may not be suitable for them. Please contact the Countryside Rangers about bringing your dog to an event which isn't marked as 'dog friendly'.
- Please contact WCRS for directions to event meeting points.
- Please aim to arrive 5 minutes before the published event start time.
- If you book an event but then can't make it, please let us know ASAP so that we can fill your space(s).
- We occasionally take photos during our events for use in promotional materials but you have a right to refuse. In accordance with general data protection regulations (GDPR) if we do wish to take photos we will request your permission and provide a photo consent form.
Walking is one of the best ways that we can keep fit and it's fun too!
Join the Whitelee Rangers for a short health walk on the windfarm - stretch your legs, have a natter and maybe even spot some local wildlife. The health walk is on every Tuesday morning from 10am, meeting outside the Whitelee Visitor Centre. The walk is free of charge, and there's no need to book, just turn up.
This health walk covers a distance of up to 2 miles, and lasts 45mins - 1hr at a gentle pace, with a couple of small hills to get the heart-rate up a bit. The walk is suitable for all ages and abilities, and new walkers are always welcome. Well-behaved dogs are welcome, but must be kept on a short lead for this walk.
For more information contact the Countryside Rangers.
Our Boggy Beasties Summer Club is finished for 2023
Book your kids into our free fun-filled 'Boggy Beasties' summer club and keep them active through the summer.
The club is for 6-12 year olds and runs every Wednesday for 4 weeks, during the summer holidays. We have morning sessions 10.30am-12noon for 6-8 year olds, and afternoon sessions 1.30pm-3.00pm for 9-12 year olds.
Children can be left for some activities, but some sessions may require adult accompaniment.
All sessions will meet at the Whitelee Ranger Cabin, located near the Whitelee Visitor Centre.
Full details will be given at time of booking or closer to the event. Spaces are limited.
The aim of the group is to get young children and their adults outside enjoying nature through games, stories and play with each session covering a different theme.
The group meet on the second Thursday of each month (March-December) from 1pm to 2pm at the Whitelee Visitor Centre.
To book contact the Countryside Rangers.
Bookings for each Muddy Monsters session will only open 1 month in advance.