Find out how to apply for the Young Scot Card to get exclusive rewards and discounts and money off your travel.
Use this service to apply for a National Entitlement Card (NEC).
What's a National Entitlement Card?
An NEC is a free card for young people aged 11 to 25. You can use it for:
- school lunches
- money off travel
- Young Scot rewards
- proof of age
You can only apply if you're aged 12 or over.
Please note, your school will give you an application form for a NEC at the end of P7 or the start of S1.
If you're no longer at school you can get an application form from a local validation point (see below).
How to apply
If you've filled out an application you can bring it to one of the local validation points listed below. You also need:
- a recent passport sized photo
- proof of identity such as a passport
- proof of address such as your parent's council tax or energy bill
Local validation points
- Council buildings, 211 Main Street, Barrhead, G78 1SY
- Council buildings, Eastwood Park, Giffnock, G46 6UG
What happens next
Once your application has been received with all the correct documentation, your NEC will be issued to your home address within 20 working days.