Find out how to apply for the Young Scot Card to get exclusive rewards and discounts and money off your travel.
What's a National Entitlement Card?
A National Entitlement Card (NEC) is a free card for young people aged 11 to 25.
You can use it for:
- school lunches
- money off travel
- Young Scot rewards
- proof of age
How to apply
If you're age 12 or over you can apply online for a young person's card.
Alternatively, your school will give you an application form at the end of P7 or the start of S1.
Once you complete your application bring it to one of the local validation points listed below.
You also need:
- a recent passport sized photo
- proof of identity. For example, a passport
- proof of address. For example, your parent's council tax or energy bill
No longer at school?
You can get an application form from your local validation point.
Local validation points
- Council buildings, 211 Main Street, Barrhead, G78 1SY
- Council buildings, Eastwood Park, Giffnock, G46 6UG
Processing your application
Once your application has been received with all the correct documentation, your NEC will be issued to your home address within 20 working days.
Phone: 0141 577 3001